Wednesday 5 February 2014

4 things you can do when you've got man flu

I'm ill. 'Just' man flu according to my wife (she won't accept the scientific evidence that proves men are more susceptible to flu because of higher testosterone levels). Anyway, I've been rendered unable to make it into GWCT HQ today having caught whatever it was my 2-year old daughter had last week.

It's hard to remember what life was like before we had her but one thing I'm sure of is that I never used to catch this many bugs.

Rather than sink beneath a duvet and watch low grade daytime TV consisting of people shouting insults at each other (but enough about PMQs) I've actually been getting things done, so here are 4 things you can do whilst bravely battling man flu:

1. Get on top of your emails. There's a lot going on at the moment at the GWCT and so I've been able to use the time to catch up on emails involving the 2014 CLA Game Fair (download your FREE voucher here), the Big Farmland Bird Count and a new improved Direct Debit system for our website that should be live very soon.

2. Eat. Whenever I'm forced to spend a day at home alone I tend to eat for a large proportion of it. And Warburtons crumpets are only 65p for 6 in the Co-op at the moment.

3. Spend too much time on Twitter. The Big Farmland Bird Count has been very well supported and the count results are coming in quickly. Lots of people have been tweeting about it (read a selection of their tweets here) and sending their photos in. We've been very encouraged by the response from farmers, gamekeepers, the press and those who are passionate about nature. We'll share the results as soon as we have them. Follow us on Twitter to make sure you stay up to date with all the latest news.

4. Do the washing. There's no way my wife would accept me being at home all day without doing any chores when I've 'only got' man flu. I even put the dishwasher on too. I'll be a hero if I unload it as well.

Hopefully I'll be feeling better tomorrow and will be back in the office to help build on our positive start to 2014. At least that way I won't have to do the hoovering.

Rob Beeson
Online Marketing Officer
GWCT

No comments:

Post a Comment